[OMC-Boats] Need Wisdom on a 64 Johnson Deluxe/69 Evinrude Sportsman

From: Robert Steadman <jshepherd575@...>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 13:14:21 -0500 (EST)

I rescently traded for these two boats. I thought the Johnson was pretty cool. Its actually in really good shape, except that the motr was frozen. The guy that had it went ahead and pulled the engine, and was going to use the running engine out of the Evinrude. Well to my surprise the engine did fire up. Unfortunatley Evinrude has no title so I cant do anything with it, plus the hull has bad rott.

My question..is do go ahead and swap engines, or should change the engine with a newer one..My boat guy was not excited as I was and said I would spend alot. I dont want to sink a bunch into it, but would like to get it on the water. I have the Stern drive on both boats, and lots of parts.

Robert Steadman
jshepherd575@...