Re: [OMC-Boats] Gas tank question

From: Andy Perakes <aperakes@...>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:45:37 -0500 (EST)

I did the same thing.  I believe the gasket material I used was ~1/8" cork material and I just cut the pattern carefully around the opening and bolt holes.  It ran all last year with no issues.

Btw, I  "Renu 'ed" ( http://gastankrenu.com/ ) my tank last year  for $275.  They clean it and coat it with a sealant inside and out.  Looks and works great.  Mine had a fair bit of rust on the bottom,  inside and out, but was still structurally sound.  I had mine done at B&B Universal Distributors in Detroit, but there are places all over the US that use the same process.  I'm so happy with it I'm thinking of pulling the tank on my 1966 Galaxie 7-litre and having it done too.

I miss the list  The forum is nice, but I never think to check it.  Out of sight, out of mind, I guess.  I hope everyone is doing well!

Andy

1967 Reveler