[OMC-Boats] Fuel Pump Woes

From: BLDFW <bldfw@...>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 19:06:12 -0700 (PDT)

Alas, on my maiden voyage of the 2010 summer season with my newly fabricated and installed side guides I never made it away from the boat ramp.  While I had a couple of successful runs late last year, this year the fuel pump crapped out before I could get her away from the ramp.  It would not pull from the full tank.

Question.....
I have a spare electric fuel pump I can use to bypass the old mechanical one.  I know someone will say it so I'm going to inquire.....What's the con of using it on my boat??  If I were to use it, is there a best practice method of hooking it up aside from the ignition key source?

Thanks.

-Bill
Dallas, TX
1970 Evinrude Explorer - 155 Buick V6 - OMC Sterndrive
http://www.photobucket.com/evinrude_explorer

PS...the guides worked really really well when we floated it back onto the trailer.  Looking forward to doing it under power!