Re: [OMC-Boats] bmw tour and bopat insurance

From: Andy Perakes <aperakes@...>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 13:13:26 -0500 (EST)

Mine is insured in Canada as a rider on my homeowner's.  I think its ~$100/year for ~$3k value + high liability, but that was far less than the near $300 I was paying in MI before registering it in ONT.  I wouldn't even think of operating without insureance -- just too much potential for problems.  If any of you followed the trial of Bismark Dinius in CA (where a sailboat operato r was charged when someone was killed because a speedb oat slammed into them) , you know exactly what I'm talking about.

On museums, if any of you ever make it to Sweden, there's a modest private museum in the town of Koping (pronounced "Shirping") that is quite a little gem of automotive and boating history.  Most of the material is European with a particular emphasis on Volvo, but it is well worth the stop.  My other favorite is the floating Maritime Museum in San Diego.  For autos and trains, its hard to top the Henry Ford Museum (though t he Automotive Heritage Center near Jaguar-Land Rover in Gayden, UK comes close) , but they don't have much on boating.