Re: [OMC-Boats] Favorite OMC Boat upgrades and modifications

From: Andy Perakes <aperakes@...>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:11:25 -0500 (EST)

The main problem I have is refueling.  Has anyone figured out a sure way to fill their fuel tank without dumping fuel all over  (I presume everyone has a similar fuel tank overflow that just dumps out the side of the boat when the tank is full).  Thus far the best solution I've come up with is a square plastic bottle I have someone hold under the overflow outlet to catch the fuel which I then dump into my car (I almost never fuel in-water).  It works, but there has to be a better way short of re-working and re-plumbing the entire fuel system.  How about one of those electronic water detectors plumbed into the vent to sound off when the fuel hits it?  Anyone have any experience with those?  Would they sound fast enough?  Any other simple, but effective alternatives anyone has come up with?

Its 14 degrees here and boating season seems sooooo far away.

Andy

'67 Reveler