Re: [OMC-Boats] Favorite OMC Boat upgrades and modifications

From: Justin DeSantis <duc1098desmo@...>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 15:13:12 -0500

I'm real happy with the addition of a stereo to my boat.

On Dec 29, 2009 1:28 PM, "Lee Shuster" <Lee.Shuster@...> wrote:

 Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season.

Seems like a good time of year to start a lively thread on this "Seamanship"
subject:

I'll throw out some "12-days of Christmas" ideas to get things going:

1. Dual Battery setup
2. VHF Marine radio
3. Man-Overboard Safety Cutoff Lanyard
4. Onboard battery charger (permitting dockside re-charging)
5. Automatic Fire Extinguisher(s) for engine compartment
6. Independent Bilge pump and Blowers
7. Automatic Bilge pump on 24-hr power feed
8. Upgrade (sterndrive) Transom seal (convert obsolete OMC round to
rectangular seal)
9. Upgrade (sterndrive) Rope-Pulley steering to OMC Tru-Course, push-push
cable steering
10. Upgrade to Submersible LED trailer lights
11. Upgrade (sterndrive) Ignition system (Coil-points-distributor) to
HEI-type electronic ignition
12. Add fuel pump discharge overflow line to carb (sterndrive)

lee