Re: [OMC-Boats] lower unit oil

From: Justin DeSantis <duc1098desmo@...>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:26:16 -0400

My local mom and pop hardware store sells tubes of "Premium Gear case
Lube". Says on the tube it's interchangeable with OMC type C lube.
Less than $2 a tube. Look around, it's out there. And do use the right
stuff. I have a Johnson 115 OB with a bad shift solenoid. It's not an
easy to get part now.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 2:40 PM, Nexi <ohnoitsnexi@...> wrote:
> I had the same problem as you, everything local either said not for OMC
> stern drive or not for OMC electric shift.
>
> Lee's Response was:
>
> " Can't find Type C lower unit lube, C'mon get serious!"
>
> "
> BRP/OMC Type C is now called PREMIUM BLEND (PREVIOUS known as TYPE "C" lube.
> It is NOT, I repeat, NOT difficult to find. << C'mon give me a break! >>
> (Just google OMC Type C and

rder it online. You'll have it on your door