Re: [OMC-Boats] So, what's it worth...

From: Justin DeSantis <duc1098desmo@...>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 17:52:45 -0400

> a) Seasonal changes everything, as does current economic conditions, as one's specific locale.

I had planned to sell in Pittsburgh, in the spring time. But with a
boat this old, it's tough to guess what will go for.

> b) You can monitor similar size and horsepower boats on eBay, but you MUST always consider the above,

I have been watching ebay. Hope to see something similar.

> c) You can also look it up in the Kelly Blue Book for boats, but you might have to use 1970 as a reference, as I don't think they go >back as far as 1967.

Good info, I never even thought of that one.

> e) You can always donate it to someone on this list and know you're giving it a good home (don't laugh -- that's how I got my boat.)

If I were in a better financial spot, I absolutely would. But as it
stands, I really can't. If my job situation changes for the better
before I put it up for sale, it's possible. But I don't think we have
any member close to me.

> f) Boaters rarely get out of their boats what they put in.... you wanna play.... you gotta pay.

Oh, I'm well aware! I have no illusions about that. I paid $1000 for
it. Not sure what I've put in since then. But if I got $1500 for it,
I'd be thrilled. If the going rate is more than that, I'll start with
a higher asking price. If I have to go the whole way down to $1000 to
make it sell, I can do that too. I don't figure it could be possibly
worth less than that. A running boat with no leaks and everything
working has to be worth a grand, no matter the age. I would think.

And I'm not leaving just yet. I like it here. I'll still have my
Johnson over the winter and I'm sure I'll be doing things to it. But
you guys have been a big help and I appreciate it