Re: [OMC-Boats] Transom or gunwale

From: Lee Shuster <Lee.Shuster@...>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:00:43 -0600

Transom.

-----Original Message-----
From: omc-boats-bounces@... [mailto:omc-boats-bounces@...ultimate.com] On Behalf Of Justin DeSantis
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 10:06 AM
To: Evinrude & Johnson Boats of the 1960's and 70's
Subject: [OMC-Boats] Transom or gunwale

How are most of you guys strapping down your boat? One long strap over the gunwale or 2 transom straps? The previous owner of my boat used a strap over the gunwale. He runs it under the stern cleats, then down.
I don't really like this arrangement. I'm thinking of switching to transom straps. But to go from the stern eyes to the hook ups on the trailer, the strap would have to rest on the transom, it's not a straight shot, if that makes any sense. Just curious what the rest of you are doing.