Re: [OMC-Boats] oil leak....

From: Lee Shuster <Lee.Shuster@...>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:13:47 -0600

I'm not sure why? But don't aftermarket manifold suppliers provide both even and odd fire Buick V6 intake manifolds?

No Even-Fire OMC-Buick-Jeep-Kaiser were ever sold, including the 1971-72 OMC that were still based on the odd-fire Buick 225. There were both even and odd fire versions of the 231. The 252's were all odd-fire. Only the 225 OF was converted to marine use. (Later on OMC offered the 90-degree Chevy V6 in various versions.)

I sent a link yesterday or Sunday from a place in Canada that listed all the various versions of Rochester 2-Jet's including various MARINE model numbers. I'm pretty certain you don't want an emissions-era carb on your application just because it might physically fit better. How do you really know for certain that your old carb is an OMC marine supplied original?

If it were mine, I'd track down a used but serviceable 225 (odd-fire) intake manifold and get all the original OMC-style linkages and fuel fittings. I might opt for an electric choke, depending on the range of weather conditions I intend to operate the boat in. (Chokes don't really do much in 75 deg F weather.)

Lee