Re: [OMC-Boats] Transom or gunwale

From: Doug Julien <dfjulien@...>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:32:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Justin:

The original factory trailers came with poly lines on each side that looped through the stern gunwale cleats and tightened at the trailer beams with a toggle clamp. For the 16' models and I think the 19' models as well. But if you look at Phil Budne's site, you'll see that Owners of the 19' models now use the transom eyes just as often as the gunwale cleats.

For the record, I removed a gunwale cleat from a Sportsman and it has two 1/2" threaded studs through a steel backing plate and nuts below. Don't think I'd lift the boat with it, but strong enough to keep it on a trailer. At least one that stays upright.

-Doug Julien