[OMC-Boats] Possible carb issue.

From: Justin DeSantis <duc1098desmo@...>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 22:16:40 -0400

So I got the boat out today, on lake Erie. Had a good time, but it was
choppy as heck. Anyhow, boat ran great, except for a minor
intermittent problem. Due to the choppy water and tons of sailboats, I
spent a lot of time idling around. At one point, the engine just died.
I restarted and it fired right up and idled fine. But when I put the
boat in gear, it would stall. Several times, same thing. Now heres why
I think it's a carb issue. If before I start it, I move the throttle
to full a few times then start, it goes in to gear fine. Almost seems
like it was starving for fuel when load was on the engine. If I primed
it before starting, the problem was cured. Happened a few times, same
story every time. So, it looks like some carb work in my future. Has
anyone seen similar symptoms? I've not encountered this problem
before.

Oh, one other issue. Shallow ramp. Rocks. Nice ding in the prop. What
the best (cheapest) source for a new prop? Any good online retailers?