Re: [OMC-Boats] Dwell/tach

From: BC Howk <bchowk@...>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:54:36 -0500 (CDT)
some history for your buick should give you some idea about HP gains and torque (I did not realize the buick nail head and the aluminium rover V8 were related, interesting)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_V8_engine

Did a quick search for 4bbl intake does not seem to be an easy item to run across, apparently origional buick 4bbl intakes were aluminium......aftermarket doesnt seem to have much for the 300 and 340 (tons of stuff for the 350 and big block buicks)but if you did some research and hunting I bet you could come up with some good performance enhancements for what you have.

Lee swapped in a small block chevy into his sportsman, take a look at his web site he goes into a lot of detail

http://www.hhscott.com/evinrude/chevy_v8.htm

if you went on the road of swapping in a small block chevy (like a 350), well you could just go NUTS with aftermarket performance stuff if you wanted. The only question would be how much HP would the old electric stringer actually take....

Cheers,
B.C.