[OMC-Boats] Insulating engine and Possible parts boat

From: Paul Hamilton <phamilton@...>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:46:22 -0500

I applied 3/4" waffle foam sheets to the cowling on my 66 sportsman and it
made a significant difference in the noise level. Another option is an open
cell spray foam application though I don't know if you can find this in
small quantities on a do it yourself basis. It available in a
non-combustable formulation something to consider with any material you
might apply. I have to do this with my Rogue as well and have found sheets
of material at a surplus store in the twin cities known as the Axe Man which
carries odd ball stuff of all kinds. A similar type of outlet in your area
might be a good place to find what you need.

On another note, I am considering making an offer on this listing
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350248276278&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT
with the intent of using it for parts, both boat and trailer. It's a long
way away so let me know what items you might be interested in purchasing at
a reasonable price as that will impact my decision. If I do purchase it, I
don't want it to sit here for years.

Paul

Paul