Re: [OMC-Boats] Insulating engine

From: Lee Shuster <Lee.Shuster@...>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:57:35 -0600

>> Speaking os possible performance loss, are there any easy bolt on's for the V8 Buick that will boost performance a bit? 4 barrel maybe?

See: http://www.gesslerheadporting.com/gesslerheadporting/ghp.nsf/top-menu-items/ghp08

Drill down and see the Buick 225 and 300/340 Casting numbers for Intake Manifolds and Cyl head casting numbers.

If you search eBay and craigslist long enough you might find an original 4-Barrel manifold for the 300/340.
225/231 V6 owners can use the Offenhauser manifold.

Even a 2-barrel 340 Buick in your boat would be a welcome torque adder due to the longer stroke.