[OMC-Boats] So, I got a chance to look over the boat...

From: Justin DeSantis <duc1098desmo@...>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:04:35 -0400

I found a few things. It fired right up, but the fast idle level seems
to make it idle way faster than I'd like. I had to turn it almost all
the way down to get it in to what I felt comfortable with. And no
amount of warming up seemed to let it want to run without the lever.
If I tried to get it to 1000rpm on the tach it would die. I'm thinking
(hoping) that filling it with fresh gas and running it a bit will cure
that. Not other major problems found. Horn has resumed normal
operation, I'm thinking the battery was just low.

Let me ask this, how reliable is the steering system? That cable
running back the length of the boat and changing direction a few times
seems like a good place for a failure to happen. Anything to worry
about there?

Still haven't figured out the table windshield holder thing, but
didn't really put any time in to it.

Looked at the transom. Sort of hard to read. It's maybe a little soft,
but not rotten. It pretty much looks and feels like 42 year old wood.
Anything I can put on it to strengthen it or keep it from getting
worse?

I think that was all the questions I came up with today.