[OMC-Boats] Maybe the dumbest question, ever....

From: Justin DeSantis <duc1098desmo@...>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:35:55 -0400

Ok, so the Surfer is my first I/O powered boat. Had a few outboards,
but this is my first I/O. So I'm sitting here drinking my morning
coffee, planning my day and searching around online to find a place
that sells service manuals for 42 year old boats. I decide that maybe
today I'll change all the fluids. Ok, so lower unit, no surprises
there. Done that before. Even still have some Type C from my old
Johnson 115 Hydroelectric shift days. Fill it up to the level hole,
right? Ok, so engine oil. Now, I've changed oil on just about every
type of engine there is. From heavy equipment to lawnmowers.
Experience tells me that the oil pan and drain bolt on the Buick V8 in
my Surfer are on the very bottom and probably going to be impossible
to get to. So, how is it commonly done? That must seem like a silly
question to you guys, but I'm really scratching my head here. All I
can figure is that I have to pump the oil out through the dip stick
hole.

I really need to find a service manual for this thing. I'm mechanical
and can really tackle any job, but I'm just not aware of the common
stuff on this engine and outdrive. Like, what all systems have their
own fluid and their capacities. Thanks guys.