Re: [OMC-Boats] Stringer Tilt solution

From: BC Howk <bchowk@...>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 22:44:12 -0500 (CDT)
BreAnne,

While I appreciate that you are innovating a solution for the tilt system and am myself curious about it.....I think I'm a little bit with Andy on this one, not insulted at all, but curious what your point is.

If you are trying to see if people here will BUY your system? here are a couple of questions for you.

You stated that the solution is for the 400 and 800 outdrives, correct? So for the group, how many of you have a 400 or 800 outdrive? Maybe Lee could help me out here, but I don't think OMC started using 400's till the mid 70's and therefore NOBODY with a Johnson or Evinrude Boat should have one, right? So the next logical question, will the new solution work on the older stringers too? My guess is that the solution COULD be adapted but without any info...who knows...Maybe you could send us a link when you get your patent sorted?

I have had some issues with the tilt motor in my 40 year old boat, true, AND as I recently broadcasted to the group, was an IDIOT and ran my boat into the rocks and am therefore OH SOOOO grateful that I had the clutch system in place to prevent SERIOUS damage to my outdrive, So if my choice is to save 100 bucks every 40 years or so on a tilt Motor OR deal with a clutch pack that has NEVER failed and in FACT recently saved my behind from several thousand dollar repair, I'll choose what I have 6 days a week and twice on Sunday...So without any more info, I MUST side with Andy here my tilt system is pretty darn good, if you ask me...

Not trying to be rude here, sir, and let me respectfuly reiterate I am INTERESTED in your solution, however this is a pretty savy group that loves their boats. If you are a fellow OMC Boat lover, please stick around, we can always use fresh perspectives and experienced advice...however, IMHO request you restrain from touting a solution you cannot share until you can share it, please.

Looking forward to reading about your innovation and wishing great success for your patent.

Respectfuly,
B.C.