Re: [OMC-Boats] Hello

From: BC Howk <bchowk@...>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:50:41 -0500 (CDT)
Greg,

Lee is the real expert on High altitude running but from what I have read on his site, a 4500' delta in altitude could have a pretty significant impact on your boats performance....

I tend to think that your battery should be fine, since you had an issue with your ignition system, the next step IMHO would be to double check and make sure you timing is set correctly...

Assuming that is all good you could adjust your carb.....I'm NOT a mechanic and could be totally wrong here, but the adjustments I'm aware of are just idle mixture, and I think for that big of an altitude difference you'd need to change the jets to get it running right across the band and even then it will not perform like it did at Sea level....anyone??? am I way off here???

Good luck,

B.C.
1969 Sportsman 155 Received on Tuesday, 25 August 2009