[OMC-Boats] Hello

From: Justin DeSantis <duc1098desmo@...>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 10:31:32 -0400

Hello. Just joined the list. Hoping there are still a few active,
knowledgeable members. I'm picking up an old Johnson Surfer later this
week or weekend and I'm sure I'll have questions. Boat is a one owner
in excellent shape for it's age. All original, runs good. It's water
ready as is. I was looking at newer boats, but the Surfer came along
and I just sort of like it's funky retro look. Plus, it belongs to an
old family friend so I know it's history. It's been very well
maintained and kept indoors. I live near Pittsburgh, so I'll be using
it on the rivers and maybe some on Erie.

Ok, so that's the boat, I guess I should also tell you about me.
Pretty boring really. Currently unemployed. Laid off like lots of
other people. Until recently, I've worked in the motorcycle industry.
I've been a tech, sales man, sales manager and service manager. Did
that for 14 years. Now looking for my next adventure. The Surfer won't
be my first boat, I had a Glastron with a Johnson motor before that.
Technically, I still have it. But the motor is old and needs a few
parts I haven't been able to find for a price worth buying. Well in
the interest of keeping this short, I'll stop now. If I left out any
crucial details, feel free to ask.

Justin