[OMC-Boats] another shifter switch question....

From: jd <jdood@...>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:07:40 -0700

took boat to river yesterday with original shifter housing / swapped
out switch. No forward or reverse. Took housing apart at dock and
fiddled with switch. It lights up the tester REVERSE and NEUTRAL
(moving the little arm back and forth). But not forward. Am I
missing something here? Should light up in forward and reverse,
and when it's in neutral it should be "off" right? The switch is
pretty solid, moves smoothly, and seems to be in good working
order. But definitely nothing in forward. Just reverse, and
neutral. This with me holding it my hand and testing it. It
doesn't need to ground to the shifter housing does it? It's just a
switch - shouldn't need to. Help!

thanks, Jeff