Re: [OMC-Boats] Precision Propellers Industries - How They're Made

From: Scott Veazie <scottveazie@...>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 19:25:59 -0700

Lee is correct, sometimes they can be had for a decent price. Brass props were also made, I found one locally once. The main advantage of stainless is the non-flexing and strength, but I myself prefer Aluminum. The reason I prefer it is that if you hit something with your prop, the worst damage you'll most likely incur would be a broken or bent blade, maybe a sheared drive pin. With stainless, you're more likely to transfer the shock and corresponding damage to the driveshaft, maybe even the shifting springs. After reading Andy's ordeal this weekend, I'd rather just pay the $75 to have my prop redone. Just my two cents though...

~Scott