Re: [OMC-Boats] Precision Propellers Industries - How They're Made

From: Lee Shuster (lib1) <lib1@...>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 18:41:43 -0600

Yes OMC made the SST series props for our beloved electric stringers.
SST stands for Stainless Steel Teflon-coated.

Stainless is much stronger than aluminum so the blades can be made
thinner and the props don't flex under torque loads.

OMC made all their SST in odd-pitch increments: 13, 15, 17, 19. If
you watch eBay like a hawk you can occasionally find 'em.

Warning: they obey the laws of supply and demand and tend to command
respectable prices.

Use my handy OMC P/N guide here:

http://www.hhscott.com/evinrude/props.htm

Lee