[OMC-Boats] Tilt not working on 1967 Sportsman 120

From: Nexi <ohnoitsnexi@...>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 18:05:24 -0700 (PDT)

I went ahead and bought a battery, Marine - Starting, and started testing things out on the dash. Blower checks out ok but the tilt isn't working. I can hear a clicking in the rear when I flip the switch, but the engine isn't tilting. From researching a bit it seems the tilt is controlled by a solenoid. How do I track down the problem? Is it possible that the solenoid is bad even though it is clicking? Bad contacts perhaps?

Right now I'm waiting for a second set of hands so I can figure out where the solenoid is located.