Re: [OMC-Boats] Tilt not working on 1967 Sportsman 120

From: BC Howk <bchowk@...>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 23:53:40 -0500 (CDT)
Nexi,

Couple of questions....

Are there 4 solenoids or 2 (if you have 4 then you have selectrim for trim AND a separate Tilt circuit for raising the outdrive "leg")

The red wires I would hope are the hot leads from the starter? check the red wire (big lead I assume) with a test light or meter I would expect it to be hot (12VDC)

Your tilt motor should have a blue wire (up) and a green wire (down) and should be about the size of a soda can on the port side of the engine bay bolted to the transom (right where the outdrive passes through the hull) You can test this with a meter or a test light ...on the solenoid...assuming the red wire is "hot" the green or blue wire should be "not hot" until you engage the tilt switch.

This comes up a bunch with this group and Lee actualy put together a pretty groovy troubleshooting guide on the subject, I haven't checked but I assume it is posted on the site , anyone know where there is a copy?  There are also some wiring diagrams up there that you might find handy as well.

Good Luck,
B.C.