[OMC-Boats] swapping lower unit?

From: jd <jdood@...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:47:09 -0700

I have a spare lower unit with a basically new prop on it. I also
have the lower unit that's on my boat. It's prop needs fixing.
and of course the two props aren't interchangeable due to water intake
clearance issues. Thinking about saving the $100 to fix the
current prop and instead just swap the lower unit thats on now with
the spare one. Ive never touched the lower unit. yes, I can
sift through pages of manual text, but generally speaking, Is this
a complicated process? Looks like a bolt on sort of thing. Looks
like fishing the wire back up through the whole thing might be the
hardest part. Also looks like it might not just simply push through
the upper unit and intermediate housing to where it connects. And
if I have to start undoing those parts then i'm screwed. This is
all to save $100 of prop repair, but if it's going to be a can of
worms i'll just pay the money.