Re: [OMC-Boats] Tru-course Steering

From: BLDFW <bldfw@...>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 20:09:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Lee,

I'm still looking into it.  I've only had the boat in the water once this year and the steering locked up only one time and after that I remained cognizant to not turn to far.....but the challenge will always be....just how far is too far??   I'd rather not have to worry about it.

Coincidentally and related to this very topic, just this evening I got an unexpected offer of some spare Tru-course steering wheel and outdrive related components.  Not sure yet if the offer has financial strings attached.  In anycase, the offer doesn't include the cable but I've been watching them on eBay.  There are several listed of  differing sizes and costs.  I've asked for more info and pics of the parts.

It sure FEELS like I've been spending a lot of nickels and dimes on my project and I know it would be a good investment comfort and safety wise but the combined costs to making it happen is causing me to consider the prospects carefully.

Stay tuned!

-Bill
Dallas, TX
1970 Evinrude Explorer - 155 Buick V6 - OMC Sterndrive
http://www.photobucket.com/evinrude_explorer