[OMC-Boats] I/O vs Outboard OMC

From: James Potter <jepotter@...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:24:50 -0500

I think it would be good to have the two "digest." I purchased my first Evinrude I/O V4, Sweet-16, recently just to restore it. I remember my father having one and I know now what he was so enthusiastic about, I love the boat. However, I know more about the Outboard than I do the "stern drive, electric shift, etc., etc." and I'm too old to start a change. I know I would be very interested in reading of problems faced by Outboard Evinrude Sweet-16 or similar, owners

I just finished the I/O and have been told that the I/O can be removed and the transom redone to accept an outboard. Can anyone tell me if this is a safe process? If so, I have a lot of Sweet-16 stuff to sell, including Bilge/Blower. Then again there may be someone that would like to trade...
Jim