Re: [OMC-Boats] Johnson Boat

From: Phil Budne <phil@...>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 11:24:19 -0400 (EDT)

Don Mandelas <dmandelas@...> wrote:
> I need help in identifying the Johnson boat in the attached photo.
>
> What year and model is it?
>
> The windshield is different than what I have seen on other Johnson boats.

It's a later Seasport.

The 2006 forsale page has one listed as a 1965. On the 2008 forsale
page there is one identified as a 1964. However neither has the
original model number to confirm the year.

The earlier versions had a rounded windshield on just the helm. It
was sold with a camper top(!):

http://www.ultimate.com/omc-boats/gallery/lee.shuster/1964guide/8a.jpg

The later Seasport II used the flat walk-thru windshield, and was
continued by Chris-Craft (see 2005 and 2008 forsale pages).