Re: [OMC-Boats] Instrument Question

From: Lee Shuster <lee.k.shuster@...>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 09:56:41 -0700


Did you figure this out yet?

Try calling 800-473-2742 Faria Marine Instruments Customer Service

or visit:

Get the proper resistance sender specified by you gauge manufacturer, and they will be available at AutoZone, you just need to know how to cross-reference and adapt the correct NPT pipe thread fittings to your engine. Simple when you have the right info, huh?

From: omc-boats-bounces@... [] On Behalf Of BLDFW
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 1:04 PM
To: omc-boats@...
Subject: [OMC-Boats] Instrument Question

I have a '70 Explorer that I am updating the instrumentation on. I've acquired a Faria six gauge set that includes an oil pressure and water temperature gauge that both require sending units.

At the moment, I'm having a bit of a challenge breaking the switches from the engine to take with me. The local car parts place, AutoZone, has no clue on what to do if you can't give them a specific car make and model and get totally flustered you say it's from a boat to the point of my being leary of taking any part they can come up with.

Has anyone replaced the existing switches with sending units? Any suggestions on the right units; part numbers, etc?


Dallas, TX
Received on Thursday, 5 March 2009

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 : Tuesday, 29 July 2014 EDT