Re: [OMC-Boats] MODEL#

From: Phil Budne <phil@...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 12:15:30 -0400 (EDT)

Jeff Dood wrote:

> i have a johnson deluxe
>
> the model # is HU-12a
> the serial # is w16738

As Lee pointed out, the model number is an outdrive model number.
Serial numbers are usually WI-nnnn, and seem to have been assigned
sequentially. When someone sends me photos and the serial number
(most often for the boat, and not the outdrive), I include it as a
note on the web page.

The highest boat serial I've seen is for a 1970 Johnson Reveler:
WI-38547 so looking at all the serials might give us an idea of how
many boats were made, and in what years.

phil