[OMC-Boats] MODEL#

From: JEFF DOOD <jdood@...>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 15:26:17 -0700

i have a johnson deluxe

the model # is HU-12a
the serial # is w16738

i am trying to determine the year of my boat so i can order parts,
etc. have heard '64, '65, '68. looked at both lists of
model #'s and can't find anything matching.

anyone have any idea, or can point me to a place?

also - to make things more challenging, the rebuilt engine i just put
in is supposedly a '70. but it was bolted right up to the original
intermediate housing (where i got those numbers above). is there
any markings on an actual engine that specify the year?

thanks, jeff