Re: [OMC-Boats] MODEL#

From: Lee Shuster <lee.k.shuster@...>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 16:55:33 -0600

Hi Jeff,

Based on the OMC Engine Model Number " HU-12A " you have a BUICK V6=HU
from 1964=12A Most of the ones from 1964 were 12B, so yours might be
faily early in the model year. 1964 is the first year the Buick V6 was
offered. A 1965 model would be HU-13. The 64-65 model Buicks came with a
single barrel carb and we rated at 150 hp. I believe for 1966 a
Rochester 2GC was fitted. In 1967 the horsepower raing was increased to
155 hp on the Buick.

http://www.hhscott.com/evinrude/stringer_models_72.htm

Lee Shuster

PS -- Sorry I don't have any data on the Hull serial number: W-16738
other than my 66 boat is WI-19541

Maybe we could ask Phil to gather a members serial number chart for
comparison's sake?