Re: [OMC-Boats] overheating - the saga continues

From: drusilas@...
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 05:02:51 -0400

Sorry, I thought you replaced the curved blade pump with the straight blade pump but I guess it was the other way around. The straight blade pump is the original one and the curved blade pump is the auto pump. Marine pumps use shafts and seals that will stand up to fresh water. These are the parts that will eventually corrode in an auto pump. In a car, the antifreeze prevents corrosion.