Re: [OMC-Boats] cowling venting

From: JEFF DOOD <jdood@...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:34:43 -0700

AH - ok, makes sense now. although diminishing noise seems to be the
least concern with about 1/2 the boats i see (hear) at the boat ramp
every time.

and so if the thing on top is a spark arrestor, not an air cleaner,
where do these engines get their air for combustion - shouldn't there
be an intake somewhere? not disputing, just wondering

so i guess i could put a grill in my cowling, and it would just be
louder and maybe a little less likely to explode on starting due to
better fume venting. but it won't run any cooler!

actually another question - are gas fumes heavier than air? if
so, where i want to put the vent won't help the fumes at all. either
way, i always run the blower regardless.