Re: [OMC-Boats] Question about an '64 Evinrude 16

From: Greg Van Vliet <gregvv@...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:56:12 -0700

Alan,

the OMC Stringer stern drive setup is not mounted to the transom. In fact, unless I'm mistaken the transom is just a thin fibreglass skin. There is no real transom to mount an outboard on. Besides, IMHO, it'd be a shame to hack into the rear deck of '64 Sweet 16 or Sportsman. It's one of the coolest boat designs ever made!

Greg V V ('64 Johnson Deluxe 16 - completely stripped out & waiting to be loved again)