Re: [OMC-Boats] Engine parts help

From: Andy Perakes <aperakes@...>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 13:30:21 -0500

Well, $1700 later and the ole Johnson is ready for another 40 years! A few of the things just completed:

- pulled engine, cleaned engine, cleaned bilge, inspected all -- all okay!
- cleaned oil sludge from pan, installed oil drain hose (drians out boat plug -- no more pumping out dip stick!)
     - Part installed is Jabsco "Oil Drain Hose and Fitting," part # 6-180800000
- installed fuel filter/water separator (now I can remove that glass bowl/filter)
     - Johnson part # 502905 mounted in lower front of engine compartment (see photos)
- routed fuel pump diaphram vent to carb (so now it won't go boom if the fuel pump fails again)
     - Tapped carb at ~8:00 position for fitting (see photo)
- replaced all exhaust & cooling hoses
- changed all lubes, oil, filters, etc.

A new battery is all I need to get rolling in the spring. A few pics of the handy work are attached, if they make it through the server (if not, Phil, can you please explain (again) how to post). I think my next project will be to replace the simulated wood grain with an oak veneer to match the interior work I did a few years ago. Probably need to pull the fuel tank and clean it out too.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all!