Re: [OMC-Boats] Sportsman's Lower end

From: Zach Stanley <zachstanley@...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:32:54 +0800

I sheared the intermediate shaft on our 70 seasport 155 a few years ago.
It's important to find a reliable shop in your area to do repairs on
these boats that knows these boats. I messed around with some numbskull
for a while to no avail until I found the right shop. Anyway, they found
the right part and just replaced the shaft. The cause of the shear
couldn't be determined but there are many potential causes, icluding worn
ball gears, and starting and/or running the motor witout the outdrive
all the way down. A sheared shaft may not automatically mean a
drivetrain malfunction... but it might. Good luck!Also might try seaway
marine in Seattle for partsZach