[OMC-Boats] '71 sterndrive question

From: mckeown <mckeown@...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 11:15:19 -0500

I'm about to replace the rubber transom seal in my newly-acquired '71 Chris
Craft Gull Wing. I have the replacement part in hand and the operation looks
deceptively simple. (I've ordered the SELOC manual but don't have it yet.)

Any tricky parts to this procedure? Is any sealer required? I have Vulkem
(polyurethane) sealant that I use on my '74 Argosy motorhome. In the absence
of other information, I'm tempted to seal the though-transom screws,
especially, with this stuff. All comments and guidance appreciated.

Bob McKeown
bob@...