Re: [OMC-Boats] '71 sterndrive question

From: Lee Shuster <lee.k.shuster@...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 11:42:17 -0600

I'd use a decent Marine grade (Permatex) RTV on all the thru-transom
attaching screws. No need to seal the area around the clamp, provided
everything is clean.

Your 71-model year boat has the rectangular boot, as opposed the old
circular boot, yes? The rectangular boots are far easier to come by, but
should last you years.

I converted my 66-Sporty from circular to rectangular boot when I
re-powered. No leaks after a couple of seasons using the procedure
described above.

Keep 'em floatin' :)

lee.shuster@...
801.585.5552