[OMC-Boats] steering adjustment

From: BC Howk <bchowk@...>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 15:07:26 -0500 (CDT)

Hello Folks,

I finally got my 69 sportsman out on the water and the engine upgrades seem to be working pretty well.

I have been having a little trouble getting the boat to track straight. on the first outing it was pulling VERY hard to the left and I ended up breaking the cable and pulley steering system (the cable slipped off one of the pulleys).I got that fixed pretty easily when I got home from the outing and adjusted the "tiller" behind the prop. this weekend it was tracking nice and straight at the start but then something must have slipped and now it is pulling left again although not as bad as the first outing.

Has anyone else run into something like this and have any advice for making the adjustment stay put?

Cheers,
B.C.