[omc-boats] refoaming...

From: Phil Budne <phil@...>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 14:56:21 -0400 (EDT)

Mike Davies wrote about replacing the floor, on "Sweet Thang", his
1964 Sweet 16 O.B. Thanks for a great post! There are some (year
old) photos of "Sweet Thang" on the web site:

http://www.ultimate.com/omc-boats/gallery/sweet.html

Someone else who had refoamed their boat did it by foaming before
replacing the floor, having left a bit of flooring around the edges to
make it easy to find the right level for the foam.

Using a chop gun to re-glass the floor sounds like a real time saver!
The texture on the floor of my dad's Sport 16' had that texture...
(How does one look up "guys with fiberglass chop guns" in the yellow
pages?!)

I have an OMC17 promotional video from Ralph Lambrecht (chief engineer
of the OMC boat division from 1962 thru 1970) that shows how the boats
were originally made (I really should get Ralph's permission to put
it, and some newsreels of several of the "Starflite" hydroplane record
runs up on YouTube), and it shows the floor being held down by a
(several ton?) press while the foam was injected...

phil