RE: [omc-boats] rehap

From: jdood <jdood@...>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 11:57:24 -0700

I just re-foamed last weekend. what fun. I have 3 big pieces of
advice for anyone about to do it - #1 weigh the plywood down with
masonry blocks or something VERY heavy. #2 allow many places for the
foam to get out and make sure those holes are big enough. #3 don't
think that just because the foam looks like it has stopped expanding
that it actually has.

 I drilled several 1.5" holes thinking it would be easier to patch with
FG than a few 6" holes. Also put down a few weights and blocks here
and there thinking it would do the trick to keep the plywood flush and
in place. Watched it expand for a minute or two, saw it coming out of
the holes and start slowing as it cured, thought everything was fine.
Turned my back and worked on another couple areas for a couple minutes.
When I turned back around, the holes were too small and the foam cured
and plugged them. The foam then lifted the plywood (even weighted down)
at the edges by about 1" and then dried there solid. Not fun to fix
that one. good luck!