[omc-boats] Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #655 - 6.80 x 9 Tires

From: Douglas F. Julien, AIA <dfjulien@...>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 13:03:06 -0600

Those of you with original trailers might like to know that 6.90 X 9
heavy-duty tires, imports with 10-ply rating at 100psi, can be bought online
at:

http://www.tirewholesalers.net/ -As I recall, they are not listed, or
listed properly, on the website. Email them for availability.

I've purchased two and tow at 80 psi - several hundred miles now with no
problems.

This is the only place I've found that has adequate load range tires -
although the Carlisle 6-ply Load Range C that everyone sells (also an
import) seem to work if inflated to their maximum 60 psi. About 14%
overloaded past their rated capacity with an Evinrude Sportsman 155 and they
get hot!

Hopefully this will save someone two days of looking. What do others use?
Does another size wheel fit the 9" bolt pattern?

-Doug Julien