[omc-boats] Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #654

From: Micah Donahue <mdonahue@...>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 08:59:04 -0500

Not sure if this will help, so will keep it short:
This fall, one of my '68 Sportsman 16's trailer bearings/hubs/
spindles went in a puff of smoke and cloud of flying metal. So I had
the stubs drilled out (both sides, keeping axle and torsion arms as
is) and welded in new stub spindles from Northern Tools. The spindles
were a bit big, so I had them lathed down to fit.

The brake lines and cylinders were removed long ago. So I added
brakeless hubs from Northern and used the existing wheels/tires. But
Northern certainly has hubs w/ brakes to choose from as well. I
always tow w/ a big pickup, and never far, so I didn't bother w/ brakes.

Total price about $400 w/ parts, machine shop, welding, etc. LMK if
you'd like more info on any of this.

-Micah
Manchester, MA