[omc-boats] Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #628

From: Thomas Klauber <tklauber@...>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:00:45 -0500

Go to Fibre Glast on line and read the product info. on their #24/#25
Polyurethane Foam. I used that product and it is dead on to the original
foam. I used 2 gallon cans of each for a total of 4 cans to do a 19 foot
Rogue. It is expensive but thats ok cause you are doing it yourself and
saving money. Take plenty of measurements so the rebuild will be just like
original so components will go back in without cursing and head scratching.
Do not worry about the foam in the engine compartment that you can not get
to. The amount of water weight there is inconsequential. You might want to
pull one or all of the engine mount bolts to see if they have water damage
and that might be another avenue of water escape for drying. Be carefull
with these big bolts to the mounts - you do not want to break one of those
babies off. Then you will really be digging and glassing. Mine were rusty
but came out and I replaced them. Good deal. Glad to hear you did not have
damage to the stringers. Good idea about tilting the boat too. TK