[omc-boats] Re: trailer bearing seals

From: Micah Donahue <mdonahue@...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:46:52 -0400

Erik --
I wish it were as easy as "be brave"!

Unfortunately the one remaining seal (other side shredded to confetti
when the bearings failed) is worn to the point where you can't read
the #s. NAPA compared it to every single seal on their shelves, but
couldn't find a match. Calipers might help, but I was worried it was
no longer the right size due to wear. I WAS able to get replacement
bearings/races by taking them into the store, but of course that
doesn't tell me what the right seals are.

If someone can't help me out, maybe the antique parts manual will.
Here's hoping...

Cheers,
-Micah