RE: Published Boats Weights vs Reality; WAS Re: [omc-boats] I'm a newbie

From: jdood <jdood@...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:29:26 -0700

safety gear carried in boat: 500 pounds. So you're looking at a minimum
of
a 2000 pound capacity trailer. Most likely your weight on the scales
will be
pushing 2500 pounds when you factor in the trailer's weight.

....another thing I have always wondered about...when weighing a
boat/trailer at a truck scale, you seldom have the luxury of unhitching
everything. But in theory, if the towing vehicle's tires aren't on the
scale, then even if it is hitched up, it still should be pretty accurate
right? Or does have the trailer tongue hitched up to the vehicle
somehow affect the measurement?