Re: Published Boats Weights vs Reality; WAS Re: [omc-boats] I'm a newbie

From: lib1@...
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 17:46:19 -0600

As indicated by Lee Hazen, you normally should have 7 to 10 percent of your
Gross Trailer Weight resting on the tow vehicle's hitch/tongue. So you need
to get that weight onto the scale for a decent reading. (Yet another reason
NOT to weigh in for water-logged detection!)

This forward weight bias is critical to good trailer towing behavior. Too
light and the trailer can get "sway-happy." Too-heavy and your off-tongue
maneuverability suffers.

Make sense?

Lee Shuster
Salt Lake City