RE: [omc-boats] How to check stringers/foam?

From: Tom Paquette <tpaquette@...>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 10:27:40 -0400

David,

I have one question.

I have removed the foam and hull is now empty and dry. I kept a few edge
spots for height determination. I plan to pour a little new foam beside
these spots level it with them and pull up the last few pieces of old foam.

Once I glass the new floor to hull following the sealing methods you
prescribe… HOW do I know how much foam to pour into the chamber?? I know I
have to have a couple of pouring/release holes. How many holes do I
need?? Is it possible to over foam and crack or deform the hull?? Or am
I being over concerned….

Anyone who has done this part your advise would be highly appreciated.

Tom

Charlotte, NC

  _____